Manage the production unit's material, manpower, and equipment resources for safe and efficient conversion of raw materials into specification products. Formulate and implement tactical manufacturing operating plans which will ensure meeting the Company's business and economic plans for the plant.
- Safety and Environmental - Continuous improvement in safety performance through continued safety awareness and the prevention of unsafe Maintain operations to meet current environmental regulations and develop plans for meeting future requirements.
- Quality - Continuous improvement in quality through the implementation of SPC and ISO 9000 quality Performance traditionally measured by non-prime, off-spec., and PCU.
- Productivity - Manage the production unit to meet schedule requirements while maintaining the costs at or below budget Improve employee output through optimizing operations and minimizing manpower.
- Supervision - Monitor activities of salary personnel, evaluate on a regular basis, and provide coaching where Develop staff members to improve effectiveness in current positions and to become prepared for future opportunities. Communicate company objectives to all employees. Maintain labor-management relations by adherence to the contract while implementing changes to minimize labor costs.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of the facility's operation and ensure that customers’ (both internal and external) needs are met.
- Maintains adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
- Manage and coordinate preparedness for emergency response.
- Manage energy efficiency of production processes.
- Work effectively with other departments within the company including business teams, Tech Service, Maintenance, and Accounting to meet the needs of all customers, both internal and external.
- Responsible for ensuring the areas are in compliance with applicable environmental/safety/health regulations and requirements.
- Ensure that the Polymerization production areas are manufacturing products at the highest quality, most cost effective and most productive.
- Develop area personnel through goal setting, training, and achievement of job. Continually update tasks procedures, tests, and other training/certification material. Ensure performance feedback is provided for all personnel.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures in support of the area's productivity, safety, environmental, maintenance, quality, and cost reduction objectives.
- Manage systems to maintain ISO certification, ensure production of high-quality products using 5S and continuous improvement methods.
- Develop department annual budget goals and accomplishment of Profit Enhancement/Cost Control Responsible for achieving area goals and objectives.
- Maintain area morale and communication by providing area objectives, interacting with operators daily and providing constant feedback.
- Coordinate activities (production, maintenance, inventories, manpower, ) with foreman, engineers and plant personnel.
- As a Plant Leader, actively participate in the company strategy groups (process improvements, organizational effectiveness, business planning, plant strategy, etc.)
- Work with Plant Management Team to help set plant wide goals, requirements, and direction.
- Develop and maintain accurate, complete production Report production information horizontally and vertically in the organization.
- BS Chemical Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a chemical plant/manufacturing environment. Prefer closer to 8 or more years of experience.
- 2-3 years minimum of leadership/supervisory experience of operations personnel
- Union experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience with Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma would be ideal
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate/translate business, economic, sales, and quality goals into production targets
- Demonstrated ability to manage/develop individuals
Assistant Technical Recruiter
I am a assistant technical recruiter, working with Bill Karalis, for the last 22 years. We recruit chemical engineers working nationwide. Since its inception in 1978, CPS (Chemical Personnel Search), Chemical Engineering division has become one of the leading recruiting firms in the country. We have successfully filled a wide array of positions in petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, bulk and commodity chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, plastics, packaging, instrumentation, controls and process equipment. We have made placements at all levels from recent graduate to engineering management. Specific areas of expertise include: process, project, design, product & process development, pilot plant, tech service and applications, engineering, environmental, operations and process control & instrumentation.