Supports and contributes as a technical lead for the formulation, development, analytics, and scale up for company, adjuvant, plant nutrition, seed treatments, and yield enhancement products. This position is to support discovery, product development and market development with special emphasis on the pilot and launch stages. This may include investigating technology development, concept development, and new product development.
Provide leadership and direction for company proprietary brands to ensure quality, meet customer requirements, company with company Solutions and quality standards, and meet EPA and other regulatory requirements. Identify areas of improvement and how any changes might be conducted. Rely on their technical expertise to perform and develop testing protocols to evaluate products and troubleshoot.
Work collaboratively with development, marketing, sourcing, registration and other staff to attract new technology and develop innovative formulations and IP.
35% R&D pilot and launch support
This position will be the primary point of contact for the pilot lab and responsibilities associated with the pilot lab. Responsibilities shall include operation budgeting and capital expense budgeting. This position will be responsible for consumables and waste management for the pilot lab. They shall manage formulation of laboratory pilot scale products, quality assurance and transfer/scale-up of formulation technology from lab to formulation facility. Support the manufacturing function by enabling smooth transfer of technology to both internal and external manufacturers. Implement new capabilities and techniques for such new products. Support selection of manufacturing sites for products (US & International) and provide approval of external contract manufacturers by identifying and implementation of manufacturing requirements and processes for product production. Develops strategies for production efficiencies, standards, and product improvements.
35% Product re/formulation
Serve as a technical lead for formulation process for company, adjuvant, plant nutrition, seed treatments, and yield enhancement products to support discovery, product development, market development, and innovation. Supports and contributes to processes for prioritizing projects, planning efficient workflow, advanced process development, allocating time and resources, coordinating with other relevant staff, summarizing results, supporting information development for marketing and training, and related. Close coordination, collaboration, and frequent communications with all relevant staff from discovery, project manager, company relevant staff. Work closely with team members to successfully integrate new products and technology opportunities and move products through the company process. A portion of the time shall be allocated for the innovative formulation by means of new and established chemistries or combinations thereof potentially generating intellectual property. Leverage knowledge of the organization’s manufacturing technologies, processes, innovations, issues and initiatives to optimize R&D procedures and techniques. Provide formulation and product quality data and product information to support the company process.
10% Quality assurance and product improvement
Qualify new manufacturing procedures and ingredients for products as they arise. Document and archive product quality SOPs, including product-specific procedures, and in so doing, support the product registration and EH&S functions. Implement and develop new techniques and capabilities as needed for testing quality metrics. Draw on their knowledge of ASTM, AAPFCO, CIPAC, and CPDA-AIC protocols and definitions
10% Technical validation
Work with procurement to identify opportunities for materials validation. Develops and executes protocols to test raw materials or finished product. Work with registration to modify CSFs and SDS. Document work and findings from tests performed. Dissemination of information and reports to groups involved
5% Lab safety
This position ensures that all staff members comply with all pilot laboratory rules and regulations, including health and safety policies, to guarantee the highest quality of results. The employee shall establish quality standards, supervises quality control, inspects staff work and adjusts lab policies and procedures as needed when standards are not met. Additionally, they keep up-to-date on new federal, state, industry or employer standards and investigates ways to improve procedures, such as acquiring new equipment
5% Packaging and materials validation
Identify and approve appropriate packaging for new products and approve overall changes to packaging & materials. Work with external and internal resources to efficiently qualify packaging and materials
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Crystal Meeks at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry
- 10+ years of laboratory experience
- 5+ years R&D experience
- Ability to work within a cross functional group setting with significant collaboration
- Able to manage multiple project concurrently
- Provide leadership, vision and innovation
- Diverse formulation knowledge on: suspension concentrate, suspoemulsion, soluble liquid, soluble powder, wettable granule, wettable powder, emulsifiable concentrate, microemulsion, oil dispersible, microencapsulation, capsule suspension, and emulsions
- Expertise on various chemistries: surface tension, analytical, physical, inorganic, coordination, micelle, complex ion equilibria, and biochemistry
- Master’s degree in Professional Chemistry
- Extensive experience with pilot scale processes
- Extensive experience with full scale production
- 10 years of laboratory experience with agricultural products
- 5 years of R&D experience in diverse ag formulation which include but is not limited to suspension concentrate, suspoemulsion, soluble liquid, soluble powder, wettable granule, wettable powder, emulsifiable concentrate, microemulsion, oil dispersible, microencapsulation, capsule suspension, and emulsion
- Mastery of surface tension chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, coordination chemistry, micelle chemistry, complex ion equilibria, and biochemistry in order to formulate and solve complex formulation needs
- Knowledgeable in lab processes, good laboratory practices, OSHA requirements, industry processes, and industry standards through government organizations and industry groups such as TFI, AAPFCO, ASTM, CIPAC, CPDA-AIC, etc.
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Crystal Meeks at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Our Industrial Laboratory Recruitment Team specializes in placing candidates at all levels of the chemical development cycle from Laboratory Technicians to Executive Leadership in Research. I joined CPS in 2011 as a full cycle recruiter and have expertise in the following areas:
Technical Leadership ~ Product Development ~ Organic and Polymer Synthesis
Formulation ~ Research & Development
Application Chemistry ~ Technical Service
Process Chemistry ~ Analytical Chemistry ~ Method Development
Regulatory Compliance ~ EH&S ~ Quality Assurance ~ Quality Control
My recruitment philosophy encompasses the belief that people are the greatest asset in an organization. Finding the right fit is not only about the technology. It is about how an employee fits within an organization's culture and ensuring that both parties can add value to each other immediately and in the future.
If you have interest in finding an opportunity that aligns with your career goals, or if you are a hiring manager looking for talent that can add value to your organization, I would love to hear from you!