The Associate Chemist will have the following responsibilities:
Design, manage and execute laboratory / product development projects as directed or agreed upon. Projects may include:
- New product and systems development
- Existing product modification
- Competitive products & systems analysis
- Field testing / studies procedures / development of testing procedures
- Cooperative programs with customers and private organizations
Documentation / Dissemination
- Thoroughly document critical project information and results in a timely manner using appropriate internal systems (computer formulas / shop orders, QC specifications, lab books, lab work request forms, etc.) and to appropriate individuals, departments and customers or otherwise as requested by Technical Director
- Prepare COA’s and specification information as required
- Assist Plant during new product scale-up process
- Solving Product Problems
- Technical Training – esp. Compounding Dept.
- Coordination of technical activities, quality control procedures and operations with all company departments as necessary
- Provide technical support and/or training within the Technical Department and to Sales, Purchasing, Marketing, Plant Operations, Management, Customer Service and external customers as directed
Regulatory / Safety
- Responsible for regulatory compliance from R&D stage through production – including but not limited to general health & safety requirements, raw material handling, MSDS, waste disposal, label copy, DOT designations, government registrations
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Dave Maxwell at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
- BS in Chemistry or related science
- 0-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- New product development and design experience preferred, but not required
- The ability to interact with a variety of individuals
- A background in manufacturing is a plus
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Dave Maxwell at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 22 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Polymers, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, Specialty Chemicals, Agricultural Chemicals, Additives, Inks, Consumer Products, and more!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.