Audit Senior (CPA preferred)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with new and existing clients, including routine check-ins with clients.
- Take on in-charge responsibilities for multiple clients. Oversee all aspects of the engagement from planning and correspondence with client to wrap up and final report issuance.
- Complete basic auditing procedures and financial statement preparation efficiently and in line with reasonable budget expectations.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical skills and accounting concepts.
- Perform advanced auditing procedures, such as analysis of grants and other revenue accounts, promises to give, complicated investment transactions, and various compliance procedures.
- Perform advanced financial statement preparation, such as complex supplementary schedules, footnote disclosures and statements of cash flows.
- Handle tax issues on ‘For-Profit’ engagements, including tax computations and preparation of information for corporate tax returns.
- Review workpapers and basic financial statements prepared by staff.
- Attend prospect meetings with Managers and/or Partners.
- Regularly attend networking events and/or fundraisers held by clients.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.