Chicago, IL 60701
Accounting Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? For the past 20 years, CPS has been working with the largest employers, specifically for their accounting and finance needs. We work strategically with our clients to find and match the best accounting and finance professionals to help improve their business.
Here at CPS, Inc, we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
Downtown Chicago OR Northern Suburbs
- Conduct and supervise all aspects of field work of audit and accounting engagements
- Supervise staff accountants and prepare staff evaluation reports
- Mentor, guide and support fellow colleagues
- Complete all financial statements, tax returns and special services
- Review all work papers before submission for further review
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Prepare management advisory letters
- Plan engagements, which includes preparation of audit programs and time budgets
- Professional audit certifications preferred (CPA or CIA is a plus)
- Four (4+) years of audit experience in public accounting or internal audit
- BS Degree (required)
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new industry regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution
- Experience auditing large manufacturers with consolidations
- international exposure
***If you do not have your CPA, you can still apply for an available Audit Senior role with our same client. They are building a team and do not want to miss great talent.