Battery Material Process Engineer
Houston, TX US
Like the atmosphere of a startup with the resources of an established company? Our client is developing materials for novel batteries and investing in bringing their R&D, testing, and manufacturing in-house. This will be the second role in this endeavor, tackling projects over the next few years such as building a testing laboratory and developing processes to scale up manufacturing.
· Lead projects at the U.S. Headquarters
· Support local operations with process improvement projects as assigned
· Visit customers and conduct Voice of Customer interviews to identify unmet customer needs. Translate unmet needs into projects that generate products that fulfill customer needs while generating an enhanced profit margin
· Attend conferences to represent the brand globally
· Plan, budget, communicate, report, and execute projects which lead to new products and processes
· Identify new processing equipment and techniques that lead to more efficient and profitable
· As related to an assigned project, observes, analyzes, and documents existing production processes and recommends design changes as needed
· Ensure compliance with engineering policies/ procedures for installation, modification, testing, and operation of new and existing equipment
· Supervise installations as the output of an assigned project. Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
· Develop and direct projects to improve process efficiency, throughput, and reduce conversion cost
· Track performance versus budgeted cost savings goals after an assigned project has been implemented
· Provide data and analytic information and coaching to the teams and individuals who will implement an assigned project at our operating facilities
· Challenge existing processes to identify improvement opportunities using benchmarks and external best practices
· Translate ambiguous targets into a well-defined objective with appropriate timeline and milestones
· Other duties as assigned
Who Are You? A U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder with a degree in Engineering and 5+ years of experience in battery materials OR battery development and a history of managing projects without too much oversight who enjoys creating a path and solving complex problems.
The company has excellent benefits and will relocate the right candidate to the Houston area!
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager, Chemical Sales and Marketing Recruitment
I specialize in placing people with backgrounds in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development with Industrial Chemical and Materials companies throughout the U.S. I place people in roles ranging from early career through VP and specialize in positions in Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals, Personal Care, Oilfield, Water Treatment, and Composites, to name a few. Our focus at CPS is very specific and our knowledge of the industry very deep from over forty years of working in our markets.