Business Development Specialist
Chicago, IL 60654
Progressive audio visual staging and service company seeks a sales professional to identify and develop new accounts matched to our group of services. Our scope of services includes comprehensive AV staging and presentation solutions for corporate, social, live entertainment, convention, and show management nationwide.
An outgoing personality, industry knowledge and strong consultative selling skills with a sincere focus on customer service are preferred. Candidate must understand how comprehensive sound, lighting, and video solutions can be applied to support client objectives, and be comfortable engaging across diverse industry sectors including advertising/marketing/PR firms, corporate/associationmeetings & events, AV production, concerts, social galas & events and convention/tradeshows.
Travel for client meetings, appointments and events are necessary. Some nights and weekends will be involved. Current business development position in AV staging/services, event production, hotel or upscale hospitality environment preferred.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Requirements: Ideal candidate should possess knowledge of audiovisual services within the event production industry. A minimum of four years of direct sales/sales consulting/marketing or business development experience and production background is preferred.
- Identify, cultivate and close strategic new business opportunities from individuals or organizations
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Perform pitch presentations to industry professionals, create RFP proposals, and close accounts
- Develop and execute sales strategy
- Remain up-to-date on competitive business trends
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding sales &marketing performance and metrics
- Prior experience selling events/event production to major accounts on a national scale
- Previous production experience and familiarity with event production terminology
- Knowledge of industry trends and technologies
- Ability to manage the successful execution of a sales strategy
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Consensus builder
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Minimum of four years in event production sales/account management or Business Development
- Strong experience with Quickbooks, CRM, MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, and Mac-based Keynote for presentations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong national contacts in the Social, Business Meetings and Events
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”