Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
This buyer will be responsible for:
- Updating information and forecasts on a monthly basis for review by purchasing staff and supply chain controller.
- Assist in the procurement process
- Assemble month end reporting
- Maintain contract data base
- Review contract balances on a monthly basis versus updated demand forecasted requirements
- Review vendor pricing and freight differentials for cost savings
- Work with the Corporate Purchasing / Supply Chain teams on cost savings and synergy improvement programs
- Assist in the budget process, raw and packaging material standards review and budget preparation
- Act as a key contact between all plant personnel
- 2+ years of experience in a Buying role with a food manufacturing company
- 2+ years sourcing food, food ingredients
- BA/BS is required.
- Experience with JDE or any other MRP/ERP is huge plus.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.