Philadelphia, PA US
Category Specialist Opportunity Near Philadelphia, PA
I am working with a chemical manufacturer recruiting for a Category Specialist to join their dynamic team! I am reaching out to see if you or someone you know would be interested. The position will be located near Philadelphia, PA and will be onsite 5 days per week. Below is an overview:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Category Specialist sources and procures materials, services, and equipment to boost global supply chain efficiency. They collaborate across departments, from finance to sales, and interact with all levels of the organization, supporting global supply chain goals.
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing strategies for Indirect & CapEx, with the ability to assist with Direct procurement as required.
- Manage supplier relationships, analyze issues, and develop improvement plans.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and lead contract negotiations.
- Create bid packages, evaluate proposals, negotiate subcontracts, and maintain vendor performance.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in procurement or supply chain.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3-5 years of procurement experience, with a background in strategic roles within manufacturing.
- SAP experience highly preferred.
- Proven experience in leading end-to-end projects.
My client is offering a generous compensation package and career growth opportunities. If you are interested in hearing more, send me your resume. If you are not interested, but know someone who may be a good fit, please refer them to me.