Chicago, IL 60601 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Perform all accounting including financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, and account reconciliations.
- Manage Accounts Payable including vendor compliance, invoice input, and check / ACH payments. Manage company credit card expense reports and general ledge uploads.
- Manage Accounts Receivable including invoicing, cash receipts, and collections.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Responsible for contract management including writing, reading, reviewing, signing, and compliance between Customers, Vendors, and Subcontractors.
- Responsible for multi-state Business Registrations, Licenses, and Taxes.
- Responsible for payroll preparation, payroll tax return preparation, and compliance.
- Manage all areas of Human Resources including Employee Regulatory Compliance and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain Company benefits plans including Group Health Insurance and Simple IRA plan.
- Manage company insurance policies including General Liability, Workers Compensation, Personal Property, and Auto.
- Maintain banking relationships and compliance.
- Maintain in-depth communication with all members of the management team.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- 5 years minimum as an Assistant Controller or Controller
- 10 years minimum accounting experience
- Experience in Construction accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite (Google) for Email, Calendar, and Cloud Storage