Cost Accountant - Senior
Libertyville, IL 60048
Cost Accountant - Senior
Responsible for recording, classifying, analyzing, summarizing, and allocating various alternative courses of action for the control of costs. In addition, a qualified candidate will be able to communicate with multiple sectors of the business, including, but not limited to the accounting/finance, operations, supply chain, and executive management groups. The qualified candidate needs to be extremely well organized, able to "think outside of the box" rather than provide reports verbatim, and implement/suggest changes that will enhance the overall financial status of the business.
- Maintain company's material master. Add, change and generally control material master file. Includes monitoring of control file to insure all necessary approvals have occurred before releasing a product for use.
- Calculate and review costs on new or extended materials.
- Perform and validate weekly and monthly sales cost updates.
- Review and analyze daily cost change report.
- Answer questions from various departments regarding product costs.
- Prepare and analyze monthly gross profit reconciliation, including review of summary reports provided by Operations.
- Review and post raw material purchase invoices and freight invoices.
- Reconcile GL accounts related to inventory and purchasing.
- Recommend and implement standardized costing methodology for each plant.
- Review production overheads and monitor in relation to burdens/variable overheads assigned to product costs.
- Reconcile consignment inventories monthly.
- Analyze purchase variances and communicate issues to Purchasing.
- Calculate list sales prices on new materials.
- Maintain currency rate tables.
- Analyze freight expenses and prepare monthly reports.
- Other activities as required.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance from an accredited university
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years cost accounting experience
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to work independently, and possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Computer proficiency required, primarily strong Excel skills
Cost Accountant, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? For the past 20 years, CPS has been working with the largest employers, specifically for their accounting and finance needs. We work strategically with our clients to find and match the best accounting and finance professionals to help improve their business.
Here at CPS, Inc, we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!