Defined Benefit and Combo Team Lead
REMOTE, (none selected) US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Defined Benefit and Combo Team Lead - REMOTE
Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and experienced Defined Benefit and Combo Team Lead to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of professionals handling a portfolio of small plans, ensuring accurate and timely execution of plan administration tasks, and maintaining a high standard of service. Your expertise in defined benefit and combo plans, along with your ability to lead a team, will be instrumental in the success of our operations.
- Lead and manage a team of 3 or more professionals specializing in defined benefit and combo plan administration.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to team members, ensuring their professional growth and the delivery of exceptional client service.
- Review and approve the work of the team, including benefit calculations, compliance testing, participant communication materials, and regulatory filings.
- Manage a caseload of up to 100 small defined benefit and combo plans, ensuring all tasks are completed accurately and within established timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as client services, legal, and compliance, to address plan-specific challenges and ensure seamless plan administration.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and compliance requirements related to defined benefit and combo plans.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and providing expert guidance on plan design and regulatory changes.
- Utilize Datair or similar software to streamline plan administration processes and enhance efficiency.
- Prepare and present periodic reports on team performance, workload distribution, and key metrics to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., ASPPA, CEBS) a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in retirement plan administration, with a strong focus on defined benefit and combo plans.
- Proven experience in managing a caseload of small plans and overseeing a team of 3 or more professionals.
- Thorough understanding of retirement plan regulations, compliance, and IRS/DOL reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in utilizing plan administration software, with Datair experience considered a significant advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including the ability to motivate, mentor, and guide team members.
- Strong commitment to accuracy, integrity, and client-focused service.
- Compensation: Base salary ranging from $100,000 to $125,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are a dedicated professional with a strong background in defined benefit and combo plan administration, along with exceptional leadership skills, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and play a pivotal role in delivering top-tier retirement plan services to our valued clients.
Meet Your Recruiter
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.