Chicago, IL 60606
Global leading ingredient manufacturing company is seeking a Demand Planner to join their growing team. This position reports to the Demand Manager.
In this role, the Demand Planner works closely with the Sales Department and Central Planning team to develop a mid and long term demand plan; then translate requirements into a mid and long term supply plan; perform monthly meetings with sales to validate forecast, accuracy and trends; manage forecast.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS preferred in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or similar field, 3+ years in a supply chain planning or production planning role, preferred in a manufacturing environment, strong analytical skills, technically proficient.
- Perform forecast process analysis including accuracy measurement and consensus forecasting
- Monitoring forecast accuracy KPIs and striving for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with sales on product launches, changes, and new developing projects.
- Monthly meetings with sales
- Schedule and organize forecast consensus meetings with sales and customers.
- Manage process of forecasting through monthly forecast reviews with both sales and central planning.
- Develop a final consensus demand plan in line with financial forecasts for the Business Unit.
- Maintain a consistent sales forecasting process for the business.
- Analyze market trends for reports and proposes action plans for improving forecasting accuracy.
- Provide necessary reports and updates for the monthly Sales and Planning meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred: Statistics, Business, Supply Chain, International Business)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred proficiencies: SAP APO, Microsoft Excel
- ERP or related experience a must!
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.