Director of Supply Chain Planning
New York, NY
Director of Supply Chain Planning in New York City, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain. A private Food Manufacturing company, is looking for a passionate Supply Chain Planning leader to help them meet their goal of continued growth! The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, have 10+ years in a planning role with a food manufacturing company, BA/BS, and proven leadership!
In this role, you will: Manage a team of 9; Facilitate S&OP for demand and supply; Deliver demand plans to achieve benchmark levels of forecast accuracy; Deliver optimized capacity plans and production schedules; Deliver optimized raw and packaging material stocking strategies; Deliver optimized finished goods inventory levels.
- Achieve optimized inventory levels
- Achieve on or below budget for obsolete inventory
- Meet customer service fill rates above 98.5%
- Optimize plant schedules that best balance service and cost
- Inventory deployment strategies and execution
- Materials strategies and execution
- Facilitating best in class IBP (Integrated Business Planning aka S&OP) for Demand and Supply
- Demand plans that achieve benchmark levels of Forecast Accuracy and Item-level Bias
- Optimized raw and packaging material stocking strategies and accurate inventory deployment
- Delivering optimized finished goods inventory levels balancing service, cost, and obsolete
- Mentoring and developing a benchmark planning organization
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain Planning and leadership roles in a CPG company
- Proven ability to implement tier one planning systems (e.g., JDA, SAP APO, Logility, etc)
- Proven ability to design, execute and continuously improve planning processes
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate effective S&OP meetings and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (e.g., Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, etc). MBA preferred
- APICS certification preferred
$150K + Bonus
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.