Enrolled Actuary - REMOTE
REMOTE, (none selected) US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Enrolled Actuary - REMOTE
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Enrolled Actuary to join our team and play a critical role in providing actuarial expertise to our clients. As an Enrolled Actuary with our firm, you will have the opportunity to apply your extensive knowledge of pension plan regulations, calculations, and compliance to deliver exceptional services. If you are a dedicated actuary looking for a dynamic and rewarding role, we encourage you to apply.
- Serve as the lead actuary for a portfolio of client retirement plans, including defined benefit, defined contribution, and cash balance plans.
- Perform actuarial valuations, benefit calculations, and cost projections for various pension plans, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Collaborate closely with clients to provide expert guidance on plan design, funding strategies, and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and review actuarial reports, funding notices, and other plan-related documentation for clients and regulatory agencies.
- Stay current with industry regulations, tax laws, and trends that impact retirement plan design and administration.
- Lead actuarial audits and government compliance testing processes, addressing any issues or discrepancies that arise.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior actuarial staff, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Utilize actuarial software and tools to streamline calculations, projections, and reporting processes.
- Communicate complex actuarial concepts and findings to clients and team members in a clear and accessible manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field. Advanced degree and relevant certifications (e.g., EA, ASA, FSA) preferred.
- Enrolled Actuary (EA) credential issued by the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in actuarial work within the pension and retirement plan field.
- Strong proficiency in actuarial software and tools, with the ability to leverage technology for efficient and accurate calculations.
- In-depth understanding of retirement plan regulations, IRS/DOL compliance, and pension funding requirements.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and communicate complex actuarial concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and manage multiple client engagements simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and commitment to producing high-quality work.
Compensation: Competitive base salary ranging from $120,000 to $180,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are an Enrolled Actuary looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute your expertise and make a significant impact on retirement plan design and administration, we invite you to apply. Join our team and help shape the financial futures of our clients through effective actuarial solutions.
Meet Your Recruiter
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.