Los Angeles, CA
The purpose of the Enrolled Actuary is to provide A-Z service to Plan Sponsors on Defined Benefit Plans and collaborate with the internal Defined Contribution team.
- Preparation of actuarial valuations and studies
- Preparation of illustrations for potential clients
- Assistance with initial and ongoing plan design
- Preparation of non-discrimination tests
- Preparation of timely responses to client and consultant requests
- Prepare/review client communications, benefit calculations and IRS/PBGC Forms and filings
- Calculate/Review Participant Benefit Distributions
- Training and guidance to junior staff
- Review work of junior staff
- Review plan document preparation
- At least 5 years of experience in the pension industry
- Have an Enrolled Actuary designation
- Experience with Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans, including non-discrimination testing.
- Experience with plans under 100 lives.
- Experience with Defined Contribution plans is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of different tax entities, and well versed regarding pension tax deductibility rules.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage a diverse caseload.
Retirement & Actuarial Executive Recruiter
- Why you're looking for a new position
- Why you're interested (or not) in a certain opportunity
I'm confident in my ability to ask enough questions, listen, and truly understand the various factors when making career decisions.
For every 3 candidates that get an interview through me, 1 gets hired. Let me help you find your next home in the retirement industry.
Born, bred, and fed in Chicago. I was a bandwagon Blackhawks fan in 2013, but have since been accepted into that fan community! I come from a big family where the rice and kabobs are always flowing at Sunday dinners.
"I had the pleasure of working with Arbella for 2 months while changing jobs and it could not have been a greater experience. Arbella has the ability to make you feel like you are her only client, which is something that can be hard to find when working with recruiters. She was awesome with guiding me through the interview process, coordinating interview times with my future employer and gathering feedback. Arbella was always quick to follow up with me and never left me in the dark. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the retirement services industry you couldn’t be in better hands."
Check out my other recommendations on Linkedin.