Currently seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented Food Scientist to join our R&D team in MA.
- The ideal candidate will be a high energy hands-on developer with a primary focus on R&D bench top and development.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing innovative new products and enhancing existing products. A strong background in bench top formulating and knowledge of ingredients and functionality is required.
- The candidate must also have a strong network of suppliers and vendors to call on for assistance. Culinary knowledge and a working knowledge of powdered beverages, sweeteners, spices, sauces, dressing, and baking mixes is a plus.
- Ability to formulate at bench and scale up to full production is critical. This role supports the R&D team and reports directly to the R&D Director.
- Assist with the creation and development of marketing materials (sell sheets, sales presentations, websites, press releases etc.) Ability to independently formulate on the bench top and execute lab related work activities that support the development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvement.
- Ability to create new or reverse engineer a wide variety of both wet and dry formulas including beverages, seasonings, soups, gravies, marinades, rubs, snack seasonings, and more.
- Identify and assess food ingredients from vendors that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards for appropriate and differentiated use in and across the product portfolio.
- Proactively apply scientific knowledge and technical skills to business issues and opportunities and ensures that all proper documentation is done accurately and on time.
- Ability to support the scale up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process.
- Support the creation of product specifications ensuring that all formulas, manufacturing procedures, nutritional and regulatory compliance on all packaging and labels are met along with meeting company’s product safety and product quality standards.
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, and external customers in the areas of product features and benefits, product solutions, and ingredient functionality.
**If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in food science, or related field of science.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with strong understanding of food chemistry, food quality and safety, and food regulations.
- Working knowledge of powdered beverages, sweeteners, flavors, and other functional ingredients.
- Knowledge of industry suppliers in variety of areas with strong network of industry contacts.
- Ability to formulate recipes and write specifications with minimal guidance.
- Self-motivator with a strong passion for science and creative problem solving.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneous while adhering to deadlines
- Strong time management, writing, and communication skills
- Proven experience in buildings relationships with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com.
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.