Bridgeview, IL 60455
The Food Technician applies scientific expertise and technological principles to the study of food products and processes within manufacturing and research settings.
- Partner with the Sales/Marketing department to meet customer requests by developing quality, customized product formulations and providing technical information.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner; communicate required project time upfront
- Manages the Product Development process from concept through commercialization.
- Designs, executes and summarizes shelf life studies on all new developments
- Responsible for Food Safety.
- Responsible for compliance with Food Legislation.
- Organize and host meetings critical to product development and scale up
- Keeps accurate records of entire product development process and maintains a lab notebook.
- Develops and maintains specifications for NEW/EXISTING products.
- Evaluates alternate suppliers for raw materials.
- Request the scheduling, and implements R&D trials.
- Provides Technical/Culinary support to Sales/Marketing.
- Coordinates and leads ideation sessions, customer presentations, and onsite product showcasing events
- Supplies and maintains all formulas and set up" sheets for pre-production meetings.
- Follows procedures and takes a structured approach to developing formulas and product samples at the benchtop, pilot plant, and plant level.
- Provides feedback on issues regarding R&D or Production.
- Covers for peers within the R&D team as needed.
- Member of HACCP team
- Travels to professional shows and or sales meetings as needed
- Stays current on technical information and executes 40 hours per year of personal development.
**If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Jeff Fee at 815.756.1221 / [Click Here To Join]
*Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Life Sciences or/or Culinary studies
*Knowledge of applicable technical analyses and product development tools
*Strong interpersonal and communication skills; well-organized and systematic thought process
*High degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
*Requires a teamwork attitude accompanied with honest, authentic personal attributes
*Progressive analytical software skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Office, PowerPoint
*Experience with SharePoint and/or Microsoft AX preferred
*Superior written and verbal communication skills
**If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Jeff Fee at 815.756.1221 / [Click Here To Join].