Philadelphia, PA US
Midsize organization looking for an experienced urethane formulation chemist who has managed their own projects and enjoys performing product development! If you are looking for a company to make an impact, this is the opportunity for you!
- Lead development of polymers for various applications
- Ability to balance short-term customer projects with long-term platform developments
- Willingness to work in the lab formulating and running projects
- Provide Technical Service to customers
- Perform product and project development
- Ability to reformulate products based on customer needs
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop other novel ideas
- Willingness to coach/support other team members and potential lead 1 – 2 technicians
- Other duties as required.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity and others, please contact Alicia Mytnik at email@example.com!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Chemistry or related field is preferred.
- PhD in Chemistry or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of new product development experience.
- Must have the desire to work in a hands-on high tempo environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- Must be comfortable communicating with customers, relaying feedback through appropriate channels.
- Wear personal protective or safety equipment (PPE) such as a respirator as need.
- Walks between departments, using stairs, and climbing ladders
- Must be willing to travel 25-35%, with some overnights
- Ability to effectively manage working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to receive and implement feedback
- Ability to be organized and work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Must be able to lead projects with occasionally short-term deadlines.
- If you would like to hear more about this opportunity and others, please contact Alicia Mytnik at firstname.lastname@example.org!