Global Commodity Manager, Food Packaging
My client, a progressive food manufacturing company in Milwaukee is looking for a Global Commodity Manager to join their growing team. The main focus of this position is managing a $150M spend of food packaging. Will also be developing and implementing sourcing strategies for direct/in direct materials, goods and services.
- Develop sourcing strategies to support existing business and new product launches targeted via PVI product road-map.
- Achieve year over year cost reductions on raw materials, goods and services.
- Manage overall supplier relationships, including QA, R&D, Operations and Materials Management.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement (CI) opportunities in the areas of procurement, sourcing, NPI and other key operational processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain.
- Additional certifications preferred (CPM, APICS, ISM).
- 7-10 years of strategic sourcing, procurement or supply chain experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with food/beverage or CPG firm.
- Experience managing multiple categories including food ingredients, commodities and/or packaging is preferred.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems (Microsoft Platforms a plus), E-Sourcing tools, Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, VMI and BRC or GFSI programs.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.