HR Manager - Manufacturing
Portales, NM 88130 US
- Drive key performance indicators to all levels within the organization and participate in making recommendations for necessary changes to enhance the business objectives.
- Identify and implement developmental plans and training staff reporting directly and indirectly.
- Continuously drive the facility’s culture toward a higher level of safety. Challenge status quo safety behaviors, engage in Safety initiatives and ensure safety related training is attended by all employees.
- Ensure the department’s activities remain in or exceed the standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance.
- Identify and retain personnel through proper selection, training and task assignment of personnel.
- Manage the department’s budget to ensure financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Engage with all personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their concerns and questions.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in department, operations, and other areas of the facility as part of the team to ensure plant sustainability.
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, the injection of new products or product lines, and the development of new plan and designs.
- Manage, track and respond to grievances filed by hourly BU employees
- Serve as the liaison between the company and the employees. Promote a healthy Mgmt / Labor culture that ensure the facility is continuously improving and growing its business.
- Provides guidance and direction to management on labor relations related matters
- Manages discipline and discharge functions and assumes responsibility for the uniform application of policies.
- Ensures government Compliance (OHSA, FMLA, ADA, WFEA, FLSA, etc.)
- Investigates EEO complaints and discrimination charges and recommends remedial action. Prepares cases for litigation, including EEO and discrimination charges.
- Oversees and provides guidance benefits, training/development, payroll processing, and administrative support.
- Investigates harassment issues, serious violations, and inappropriate conduct in the workplace.
- Direct recruiting efforts for all positions at the plant. Ensure positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Manages the processing of all records associated with personnel changes, leaves of absence, and FMLA.
- Develop and implement plant policies and procedures related to Human Resources
- Administer Employee Benefit programs such as Payroll, Health Insurance, and Retirement programs.
- If the Training Coordinator, Payroll Specialist or EHS Supervisor are unavailable, the HRM will assist with their duties
- Other duties may be assigned as required that are within the FLSA status of this position.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience over the HR function
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certifications- PHR, SPHR or GPHR
- Computer skills- SAP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
- Computer - proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with and working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Must possess considerable knowledge of management-labor relations, and the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Strong negotiation skills, communication skills, problem solving skills, leadership skills, and ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”