HR Manager - Manufacturing
Richmond, IN 47374 US
- Take the lead in overseeing recruitment processes for hourly, professional, and management positions within the designated location. Act as the primary point of contact for hiring managers, providing crucial support in recruitment and staffing activities. Execute recruitment plans, conduct interviews, facilitate hiring processes, and manage temporary staffing endeavors in alignment with company standards.
- Collaborate with managers to update job descriptions and guide candidates through the entire interview and selection process. Provide assistance to the HR team in addressing critical staffing shortages when necessary.
- Foster partnerships with external agencies to organize recruitment events that align with the companies values. Promote job opportunities through social media platforms in collaboration with the talent acquisition team.
- Direct the on-boarding process for new and repositioned employees, ensuring a comprehensive orientation and access to necessary information and resources. Work with management to develop a robust on-boarding plan featuring supervisor-led training for new hires.
- Drive talent management initiatives to enhance engagement, develop business capabilities, and improve retention. Maintain alignment with organizational talent initiatives in collaboration with the HR team.
- Lead the implementation of HR processes, practices, and policies in partnership with organizational leaders. Communicate HR practices and procedures to leaders, offering support in performance activities, compensation tasks, and corrective actions.
- Collaborate effectively with the HR team at the business unit and headquarters levels. Make recommendations for HR process improvements and work towards standardizing practices.
- Offer employee relations support to leaders in the assigned location, consulting with employees and managers to address and resolve concerns and disputes. Oversee payroll processing and ensure timely execution.
- Provide recommendations for solutions and training to people leaders and employees as needed. Coordinate employee wellness and engagement activities.
- Support and track employee engagement action planning, participating in related team meetings and activities. Generate and provide people analytics to the business, including position control tracking, recruiting/hiring reports, turnover reports, exit feedback, and performance/compensation task tracking.
- Process personnel changes, including status, position, pay, and personal information. Support Affirmative Action Planning and reporting.
- Maintain personnel files in assigned locations, ensuring the highest level of confidentiality related to organizational changes and other sensitive HR information.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims when needed, participating in safety and risk initiatives, including escalated/high-risk worker’s compensation claims, safety complaints, and the first responder program.
- Supervise exempt and/or non-exempt direct reports, overseeing work delegation, supervision, scheduling, training, coaching, development, and performance management.
- The responsibilities outlined are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed but are not an exhaustive list. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Human Resources principles, concepts, and practices.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and familiarity with federal, state, and local HR and payroll requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS systems.
- Capable of interpreting and applying company policies, leveraging an understanding of key legal precedents, policies, and practices to safeguard the interests of the Company and its employees.
- Builds credible relationships with managers, peers, and team members across the organization.
- Engages positively and collaborates effectively with others, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Analyzes data to make informed decisions based on all relevant information, constructing recommendations and solving problems based on this data.
- Exercises sound judgment, coaching, influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
- Handles challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information.
- Prioritizes, multi-tasks, and meets deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adapts to changing organizational and operational needs, displaying leadership in guiding others through change.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
· Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or related discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
· 5 to 8 years of human resources experience coupled with demonstrated leadership attributes, team leadership, or supervisory experience; 1+ year of manager experience preferred
· Experience with HR information systems and Microsoft Office applications
· Experience in a union environment preferred but not required
· Human Resources certifications preferred (e.g., PHR/SPHR, SHRM, HRCI)
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”