Chicago, IL 60654
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, manage, and monitor Human Resources Department programs, policies and activities.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs, i.e., retirement plans, health, dental, and vision plans, term life insurance plans, short and long-term disability programs, accidental death policies and voluntary worksite benefit plans
- Oversee the administration of company leave programs and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Assign work and monitor task completion by employees for timeliness, accuracy and effectiveness
- Identify, analyze and develop strategies and solutions to problems that impact the organization’s human resources
- Monitor federal, state and local employment and tax regulations for changes that affect human resources
- Review programs and analyze results of area and industry surveys to ensure achievement of competitive market position and other goals as identified by the organization
- Provide advice to the leadership team on pay decisions, policy, guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation related programs
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities regarding human resource issues
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding department management policies and procedures
- Communicate changes in company policies and procedures and ensure that the Cooperative is in compliance
- Serve on committees and participate in special projects
- Review and make recommendations to management for improvement of company policies, procedures and practices
- Monitor contracts and vendors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Supervise the work of office, administrative or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures and service standards in conjunction with management
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and work to resolve problems
- Teach and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action
- Recruit, instruct and supervise subordinates
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff
- Develop and review operating procedures
- Develop and manage department budget
- Establish work priorities and activities
- Recommend promotions, transfers, hires and other disciplinary action
- Establish metrics and prepare monthly reports
- Coordinate activities with other departments
- Prepare and present status of department programs to Board of Directors committees and the Board of Directors
- Maintain the security of confidential information
- Stay abreast of advances in technology
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
- Able to travel, as needed.
- Experience working with a global team.
- People management experience.
- Experience assessing management and executive talent.
- 3 plus years HR experience in a high tech environment
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”