Health and Welfare Account Executive
New York, NY
- Develop effective relationships with assigned clients with a focus on the day-to-day employee benefits department. This may include in-person visits with travel required, entertainment opportunities, telephone and electronic communications.
- Develop a strong understanding of health and welfare benefit products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets. This includes developing relationships with vendors/carriers to understand and compare available products and services.
- Work with client and team leader to develop annual timeline based on agreed upon goals, objectives, and services to be provided.
- Act as a primary contact for all day-to-day service issues and other inquiries for all assigned clients; act as liaison between client and vendors/carriers to resolve issues and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Effectively prioritize and manage needs of multiple clients within assigned book of business daily. Obtain and maintain current benefit plan documentation for all client lines of coverage.
- Maintain professional ethics according to insurance industry standards.
- Lead and develop renewal and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate marketing projects by gathering required employee and plan documentation such as census data, experience data, current and proposed plan design information.
- Analyze and compare carrier quotes, project manage negotiation of rates with the Team Leader, and coordinate preparation and delivery of renewal/marketing presentation.
- Coordinate with client and carriers to ensure timely and efficient renewal and/or implementation of employee coverage.
- Coordinate and guide development of employee communication strategy and preparation of communication materials.
- Review client contracts and policies for accuracy.
- Create and deliver all client deliverables (example: Client Profile), and facilitate client compliance obligations (examples: 5500, annual notices).
- Support Producers as needed with new business presentations and identification of additional business opportunities within current book of business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS degree preferred, high school diploma required
- 5-10 years related work experience
- Must possess valid insurance licenses
- 25% travel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster teamwork
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.