Human Resources Manager - Union Environment
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 US
- The primary function of the Human Resource Manager is to coordinate HR policies and programs with an emphasis on the benefits and compensation areas, ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the business leaders in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities.
- Directs the functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to recruitment, retention, payroll, personnel records, employee relations, job evaluations, compensation management, union negotiations and labor relations, benefits administration, workers compensation, AAP and EEO reporting and compliance
- Set the vision, direction, and culture of their HR team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real-time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Thoughtful ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Understand business goals and recommend thoughtful new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload supporting HR functions and leadership.
- Drive and direct all employee engagement efforts for senior leaders, front-line managers, and associates.
- Lead projects, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results using effective project management skills.
- Provide support and guidance to management, managers, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise. This includes handling difficult employee situations, oversight of disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. Identify opportunities to improve employee and manager experience.
- Assist with the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Have a thorough understanding of employee benefits and payroll. Assist in benefit plan design and effective management and administration of the benefits through the HR team.
- Stay current with changes in employment law and emerging trends; ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements; Identify opportunities and risks and partner with leadership to develop solutions, programs, and policies to address business issues.
- Proven union negotiations skills and experience resolving grievances.
- Coordinate human resources initiative for Americas Region including but not limited to reporting, consulting, and coordinating various HR global initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience. Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years in a management or leadership role.
- Experience negotiating union contract and grievances.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Exhibits an unusual degree of common sense in working with coworkers and the executive team.
- Able to direct the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals.
- Knowledgeable in employment law to keep the company safe from lawsuits and has a proven ability to work well in consultation with an employment law attorney.
- Strong commitment to and interest in employee relations and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in human resources including ADP, SAP, Microsoft Office suite of products, file management, and benefits administration.
- Experience in organization development and change management.
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”