Indirect Category Manager
Elmhurst, IL US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
My client, a leading chemical manufacturing company is currently seeking an Indirect Category Manager to join their dynamic team in the Elmhurst area. This will have a hybrid schedule – in office 4-6 times per month. Candidates must be within driving distance to the facility.
Reporting to the Sr. Global Sourcing Manager for Indirect, the Indirect Category Manager will manage sourcing strategies for assigned indirect categories (MRO, Energy, IT, Travel, HR, Equipment, etc.) This position will develop strategies and identify and execute productivity initiatives.
- Define the strategy for assigned indirect categories
- Manage processes and procedures for global alignment
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Lead negotiations and key contracts with supplies, legal and stakeholders
- Optimize digital cataloging and key procurement contracts.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic sourcing role
- 5+ years sourcing indirect categories for a manufacturing company
- Experience with SAP and Ariba or similar tool
- Global sourcing experience
My client, an industry leading, global chemical manufacturing company is offering growth potential in a progressive environment and a generous compensation package.
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.