Industrial Coatings Chemist - Epoxy
Fond du Lac, WI 54935 US
US Residents and Green Card Holders Only
We are working with a third-generation family-owned industrial coatings manufacturer to find their next formulations chemist in the Fond du Lac, Wi area. This niche company is in the middle of building out new product lines to support their large customer base in protective and industrial coatings. The right individual will bring a minimum of 2-3 years of direct coatings formulation experience and the ability to interface directly with customers/sales on developing a portfolio of new products.
Role & Responsibilities:
As the R&D Chemist you will assist in formulating new products as requested by Marketing, assist in re-formulating current product lines for improvement, and assist in solving technical scale-up and manufacturing problems by ensuring the availability of quality and value engineered products which satisfy customer’s requirements and increase sales and profitability of the corporation.
- Formulation of existing and new projects for the Epoxy business line.
- This will be the lead chemist and own all product development, quality, and manufacturing aspects as it relates to the formulas.
- Test and evaluate products. Write SDS and keep low or no VOC Compliance.
- Update and improve existing products, materials and test methods.
- Provide technical support to Production, Sales, and Marketing in support of product scale-up, quality control, application testing, and other cross-functional activities.
- Digitally maintain detailed technical records of lab work.
- Critical thinking skills
- Self-Motivated and Task Oriented. Knows how to monitor workload.
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats daily, enjoy a variety in the work.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Someone who enjoys a small company culture and works well with others. (75 people in company)
- Proficient Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong Organizational Skills & Project Management Skills
- Creative thinker that may see new application uses, market potential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
BS in Chemistry or Related Field
2-3 years of developing formulations from inception through scale up and commercialization
Strong understanding of epoxy formulations specific to coatings, adhesives and sealants
Technical service experience (phone, trade show, company visits) Travel less than 10%.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.