Innovation Coatings Scientist - Metal Substrate
Minneapolis, MN US
Innovation Coatings Scientist – Metal Substrate
Tired of working on the same old reformulation projects? If you’ve been developing coatings for metal for 10 years or more, this is an exciting position focused on innovating and developing NEW technologies! Apply Today!
The Innovation Coatings Scientist contributes to the assessment, development, reformulation, quality, maintenance, and enhancement of products through planning, executing and analysis of experiments with clear and accurate results. This includes adherence to sound performance, quality and economic goals / requirements. Advanced technologies will be utilized to develop differentiated products that exceed customer expectations. The individual is accountable for the solution of complex technical problems (product/process) using knowledge of raw materials, formulations, substrates, instruments, coatings application equipment and customer processes. This role is responsible for timely and accurate completion of multiple projects of moderate to high level complexity while also serving as a mentor to less experienced formulators. This position requires expert level knowledge and experience in related coatings technologies / markets.
- Adherence to safety policies and laboratory procedures
- Leadership of the assessment, development, reformulation, quality, maintenance, and enhancement of products through planning, executing and analysis of experiments with clear and accurate results
- Demonstrate innovation and initiative in developing new project proposals executing R&D programs of key strategic significance
- Develop new products and methods, improve existing products, and anticipate / prevent / solve complex technical problems
- Identify, recommend, and lead strategic projects and assess technology solutions
- Collaborate with materials science, analytical, and other division R&D teams to solve customer problems and overcome technology challenges in product development
- Develop solutions for complex technical problems (product/process) and demonstrate expert knowledge in the use of raw materials, substrates, application, equipment and instrumentation
- Preserve technical knowledge by issuing periodic reports on development projects and reformulations. Substantiate formula changes with documentation
- Interface with sales, marketing, and manufacturing teams to deliver new product introductions efficiently and systematically to customers
- Develop new / innovating coating products that will allow the company to provide differentiated solutions to our customers
- Understand Coil Division customer market segments and coatings performance requirements
- Provide mentoring to lower-level technical professionals and may lead 1-3 direct reports
- Lead multiple technically complex projects simultaneously
- Understand the use of the Stage Gate Process in product development
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment, including calibration with appropriate documentation
- Independently lead projects / groups without direct supervision from manager
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
- BS/MS (maybe PhD) level Chemist with 10 years of Coil Coating development, including formulations and testing with intellectual property work, strong background in radiation or UV cure, IP knowledge, commercialization, project leadership background
- Outstanding communications and organization skills who enjoys development products
- Mid- and longer-term research preferred
- Travel Required: 20%
- Must be able to formulate and test without being given direction, be self sufficient, and able to get up and running quickly and supervise others
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on,. Please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.