Learning and Development Director
Hamilton, MS 39746 US
• Provide direction, learning and development, and regular coaching/counseling and feedback on performance for all employees assigned to the education department.
• Develop and implement training processes for the site.
• Provide expertise and guidance on the development of a wide range of training curricula.
• Ensure effective administrative and records management procedures including training schedules and ensuring training matrices are maintained utilizing the LMS and E-Systems.
• Demonstrate compliance to systems via routine audits and reviews.
• Coordinate company Leadership Development program including ownership of materials, nominations, delivery, documentation, coaching process, and evaluation.
• Oversee the planning, delivery, and evaluation of mandatory training programs to ensure skilled staff and contractors are compliant with quality and safety standards and audit requirements are met.
• Conducts Training Needs Analysis to determine learning requirements.
• Customize learning to the departmental needs of internal customers, while maintaining flexibility and fairness.
• Preserve Training Calendar for centralized training across the Hamilton Facility.
• Coordinate training requests to attend external courses and conferences which involve follow up approvals, registrations and associated travel and accommodation.
• Manage the development and implementation of training and assessment tools
• Implement and maintain corporate Core Competency Assessment process
• Facilitate soft skills training locally, regionally, and globally.
• Administrative management of training software program.
• Create and maintain training budget
• Contribute to the achievement of the departments business and financial objectives by cost effectively applying allocated resources to the training budget and strive to reduce costs without loss of service or standards.
• Design, develop and validate competency-based print, audio/visual, computer-based, and web based learning materials and/or courses to support learning and job certification needs and requirements.
• Work with Global L&D to identify industry best practices and global alignment.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience supervising and leading an industrial training function (or) an equivalent seven (7) years industrial training experience including demonstrated and proven leadership skills to include team building, coaching, and developing of others. Knowledge of computer software, excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional human relations skills are required. Professional Training Certifications, Facilitation, and Change Management skills are preferred. Highly efficient in Learning Management Systems, SharePoint, eLearning, SAP, and ISO 9001 preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”