This Logistics Manager will lead critical logistics activities in the Supply Chain, including outbound finished goods transportation planning, inbound raw materials transportation planning, carrier management, fleet management, freight bill reconciliation, new carrier acquisition and carrier on boarding
Some specific responsibilities are:
- Manage GPS tracking software
- Ensure all bulk trailer equipment meets quality requirement
- Manage all titling and registration of companywide vehicles/assets
- Engage with carriers and recommends preference to upper management
- Ensure adherence to following established Supply Chain work processes, controls, procedures and practices
- Help develop logistics strategy needs
- Administers HR processes for direct reports
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Participate in “Continual Improvement” events
- Stay updated on all federal, state and local government regulations, requirements and guidelines
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices
- BS Supply Chain management, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management
- Minimum 10 years of experience in logistics; dispatch, load planning, procurement, inventory control. Preferably in a high-volume liquid bulk HAZMAT environment
- 5 years of Supervisory Experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Work Processes.
- Strong knowledge of logistics management software platforms, preferably SAP LE, SD and/or MM modules
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.