Engineering Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? Since 1976, CPS has matched top talent in multiple fields of engineering with progressive companies in all industries. Whether you are fresh out of school or an experienced professional with decades of experience, CPS can help you find the right fit for your next career move. For over 40 years CPS has been working with the employers nationwide, from family owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations, to help them meet their engineering needs.
Here at CPS, Inc., we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
Maintenance Manager Job Summary
An excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager has become available in the greater Syracuse, NY area. Our client is a leading manufacturer with locations throughout North America. Our client offers great benefits and is looking for someone that wants to grow within the organization.
As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Maintenance team with a focus on predictive/preventive maintenance and machine reliability
- Preparing facility maintenance and engineering budgets
- Identifying sources of machine downtime and creating action plans to improve machine efficiency and reliability
- Planning scheduled downtimes, shutdowns and capital projects
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager with experience working in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment.
Specific requirements for the Maintenance Manager include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment
- Understanding of predictive and preventive maintenance programs, work order systems and world-class maintenance systems
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management system, J.D. Edwards
- Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing
- Safety First mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills