West Springifled, MA
Supports new product development and improvement programs from concept to completion. Takes part in all phases of process development, from idea and sketches to the process introduction, or through a product/process improvement. Project management and execution. Will design and redesign manufacturing equipment supporting existing producing and new products.
- Works with external suppliers to coordinate necessary materials and services
- Use conceptual sketching and visual aides to express design ideas
- Create models and prototypes of processes for evaluation
- Use CAD and other design software
- Prepares detailed drawings and schematics
- Establishes documentation, work instructions, design records, specifications, and facility records
- Supervises installation and implementation of machines/ processes
- Innovative Mechanical engineer experience including exposure to machine design.
- Injection molding and extrusion experience a plus.
- Automation and or semi automaton experience
- Experience working with vendors .