National Account Manager - Remote US
Chicago, IL US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
National Account Manager – Remote US
As a key member of the Commercial team, the National Account Manager is responsible for the development, growth and profitability of assigned accounts. The successful candidate will plan, present, and implement product solutions for specific national and regional accounts in which cultivating relationships, strategic planning, and account leadership are critical to customer success and profitability. The National Account Manager is expected to demonstrate business leadership through developing partnerships, maintaining relationships, presenting opportunities, and implementing solutions within their accounts while representing the company as an ongoing strategic partner for delivering the product and service solutions enabling customer success. Effective collaboration across internal and external influences is critical to successfully address customer needs with the company’s products and solutions. This position partners closely with leaders and frontline roles within sales, operations, R&D, finance, and beyond to organize customer-specific teams for successful execution. Competitive applicants will be comfortable working independently and/or developing a strong voice to drive and deliver results and striving to find a better way every day.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer product needs, engaging large complex customer accounts at multiple levels
- Establish, outline, and deliver successful short and long-term regional strategic plans for account initiatives with company product solutions
- Utilize strategic, disciplined go to market process to provide timely resolution to customer focused opportunities, conflict resolution and technical solutions
- Lead cross-functional customer teams and collaborate across R&D and manufacturing to explore opportunities and bring desired product solutions to market
- Strategically prospect and determine the best approaches for creating and maintaining profitable activity, within existing, recently acquired, or developmental accounts
- Identifies and communicates with appropriate account stakeholders, maintaining ideal relationships and customer interactions
- Serve as lead company contact in periodic contract negotiations to secure volume and profit contribution to the company’s results
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate of contract negotiation outcomes and lead the dialogue between the company and the customer(s) on resolving differences in contract terms and conditions
- Drive growth within respective accounts to meet the sales targets established in collaboration with company leadership
- Align ongoing account efforts against company’s strategic goals and priorities
- Report and monitor weekly/monthly sales and profit results, compile customer business reporting, as required
- Participate in monthly forecasting and planning in support of optimum operational efficiency
- Participates in regional tradeshows, product demonstrations, and plant tours, as needed
- Must be able to travel extensively (50-80%)
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Kristine O’Sullivan at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, sales, marketing, food science or equivalent discipline preferred; will consider relevant professional experiences. MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in selling or marketing with the food industry and/or solutions-based ingredients systems (or equivalent)
- At least 10-15 years’ experience demonstrating ability to expand customer accounts driving sales and profitability, growth
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability and experience in successfully negotiating sales and supply agreements
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional, collaborative efforts to ensure successful execution of complex projects within established timelines
- Possesses an understanding of modern manufacturing capabilities, particularly within processes and applications impacting the manufacturing of food products
- Demonstrative ability to navigate multiple software applications, near interfaces, and digital technologies
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Able to effectively manage time within a schedule of competing priorities and tasks
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others you’d like to hear more about, please contact Kristine O’Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
The Food and Beverage Division specializes in the placement of technical professionals in the food and beverage industry from entry level to executive level candidates. I have a talented group of recruiters who specifically source Technical Sales Professionals, Scientists, Regulatory Affairs, Scientific Affairs, Executive Technical professionals, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Technical Service, Nutrition, Analytical and Corporate Chefs. We work on both a contingent basis for professional level searches and retained search for executive level searches. CPS, Inc. has been in the talent recruitment business for 40+ years and we recruit nationwide.