Packaging Sourcing Manager
Stoughton, MA 02072
Our client, a private food manufacturing company outside of Boston is looking for a Packaging Sourcing Manager who will be responsible for a $25M spend of packaging. The idea candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a sourcing role; experience sourcing packaging and commodity management experience. They need an ambitious self-starter and they are offering a generous compensation package and growth potential.
- Develop short-term and long-term commodity strategy - use spend data to support strategy
- Manage Enterprise Risk by reducing dependency on complex supply chain and single/sole source.
- Lead product changes effectively and communicate special sales incentives that may affect forecast accuracy.
- Develop and lead performance dashboards
- Monitor vendors for process and material changes.
- Audit vendors on a regular basis along with supplier quality.
- Develop a second source for ‘A’ and ‘B’ items to ensure a position of leverage.
- Move ‘C’ items toward vendor managed inventory.
- Actively participates in Make vs. Buy sourcing decision and in manufacturing transfer.
- Responsible for buying all packaging assigned to support the production plan.
- Provide reliable forecast with updates.
- Lead quarterly business reviews with suppliers & cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in global industrial purchasing and supply
- Contract Management, Negotiations & Administration
- Financial Analysis
- Creative Thinking: Strategy development and implementation
- Project Management
- Industry Analysis
- Supplier Diversity
- Regulatory (FDA, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Certifications: CPM, CIRM, CPIM.
- Affiliations: NAPM / ISM, APICS.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.