Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Chicago, IL 60606
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will provide International payroll and benefits administration support within a fast-paced organization. This position will be responsible for the accurate calculation, processing and maintenance of systems and records to achieve timely payment of salaries, benefits, deductions and various payroll taxes. This position will also be responsible for managing benefit enrollments, changes and terminations. As well as processing monthly invoices for all employee benefits.
- Responsible for US and International bi-monthly & monthly payroll preparation.
- Input new hires, changes and terminations in HRIS, Payroll and Benefit systems
- Review and compute employee time sheets, reviewing pay data in the payroll system, ensuring accuracy of payroll prior to submitting.
- Ensures that wage deductions, deposits, adjustments, and garnishments are applied appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable State and Federal wage and hour laws in US and Internationally.
- Maintain all payroll files.
- Responsible for processing enrollments, changes and terminations for all benefit plans in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Reconciles invoices, resolves discrepancies and ensures timely monthly payments for medical, dental, vision and all voluntary benefits.
- Coordinate all changes, new enrollments and withdrawals with third party 401(k) plan administrator.
- Maintain and monitor the Benefit vendors and systems
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field of study.
- 5+ years' experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic HR, payroll practices, benefits administration and compliance or other related experience, processing payroll and reconciling benefits deductions for growing organization.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with Bamboo HR, Paylocity and Blue Marble a plus.
- High level of skills in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent English communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must possess excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications, experience with HRIS and payroll systems.
- Responds to employee inquiries in timely manner regarding payroll, benefits information, trouble-shoots in an attempt to resolve employee payroll, and benefits concerns.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus and great team player.
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.