Pension Actuarial Analyst
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Full-time position in preparing actuarial valuations of pension plans. Performing analysis of gains and losses, plan design studies, drafting employee communications, and communicating results to clients.
- Process and organize data for actuarial valuation of pension plans.
- Assist with setup and programming of actuarial valuations
- Update / develop new and existing Excel workbooks
- Assist with electronic file management and documentation
- Assist with government filing preparation
- Prepare benefit calculations
- Draft plan amendments and member communications
- Draft Summary Plan Descriptions and plan documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- Up to three years of experience
- Experience with Proval valuation software is preferred
- Completion of one or more CEBS, ASPAA, or Society of Actuaries exams is a plus
Retirement & Actuarial Executive Recruiter
- Why you're looking for a new position
- Why you're interested (or not) in a certain opportunity
I'm confident in my ability to ask enough questions, listen, and truly understand the various factors when making career decisions.
For every 3 candidates that get an interview through me, 1 gets hired. Let me help you find your next home in the retirement industry.
Born, bred, and fed in Chicago. I was a bandwagon Blackhawks fan in 2013, but have since been accepted into that fan community! I come from a big family where the rice and kabobs are always flowing at Sunday dinners.
"I had the pleasure of working with Arbella for 2 months while changing jobs and it could not have been a greater experience. Arbella has the ability to make you feel like you are her only client, which is something that can be hard to find when working with recruiters. She was awesome with guiding me through the interview process, coordinating interview times with my future employer and gathering feedback. Arbella was always quick to follow up with me and never left me in the dark. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the retirement services industry you couldn’t be in better hands."
Check out my other recommendations on Linkedin.