Procurement Sustainability Category Leader
Elmhurst, IL US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Location: Elmhurst, IL (hybrid)
Title: Procurement Sustainability Category Leader
My client, a global, multi-billion dollar chemical manufacturing company is seeking a Procurement Sustainability Category Leader. This position is located in the Elmhurst, IL area and will have a hybrid schedule – 4-6 times per month in office. Candidates must live within driving distance to the facility.
Procurement Sustainability Category Leader – Reporting to the VP of Global Procurement, this position will be responsible for developing and managing sustainable sourcing strategies. This is a critical position that will drive the companies sustainability agenda.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for sustainable procurement practices
- Develop and implement sustainable sourcing practices
- Identify and qualify suppliers with sustainable products
- Report on sustainable performance metrics including greenhouse gas emissions, waste reduction, social responsibility
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for sustainability
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven success in developing and implementing sustainable sourcing strategies
- 5+ years in a procurement role in a manufacturing company – ideally chemical
- Experience managing a sustainable sourcing program
My client is offering growth potential and a generous compensation package.
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.