Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager
The Manager role is a mid-level Product Development position who is responsible for supporting, planning, and overseeing advanced product development initiatives, application testing and participation in internal/external technical training sessions.
Key responsibilities: Product Development, Technical Support & Service, Applications Testing / Development, Product Specifications, Product Improvements / Cost Savings, Competitive Audits, and Provides Technical Support Outside of the Application Area as Needed / Assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a R&D team for assigned program and projects which are broad in scope, high visibility, high risk, and/or highly complex –
- Leverage technical expertise to help identify short- and long-term strategic business opportunities (includes new products, cost reductions, process and quality improvements)
- Leads the development of project objectives, action standards and RDI deliverables. Identify resources required and assemble the RDI team
- Recommends and/or assists in the definition of key RDI milestones, timetable, and project critical path
- Recommends and/or assists in the definition of deliverables and/or coordinates activities of other RDI team members to ensure deadlines / objectives are achieved. Develops and implement solutions when either are jeopardized, while ensuring issues are appropriately communicated
- Issue status and update reports to marketing, RDI team and management as required
- Define project deliverables and coordinate activities of support technician(s) or technologist(s)
- Technical Support & Service – Participate in development / execution of internal & external technical training sessions. Assist in trouble shooting and complaint resolution
- Application Testing / Development – Assists in planning and execution of studies to evaluate impact of oils and emulsifiers on mayonnaise, dressings, sauces and condiments organoleptic and functionality and shortening and oils on bakery category products. Maintain accurate records. Issue final report of key discoveries / conclusions
- Product Specifications – Ensure formulations, specifications and data sheets are accurate and up-to-date for application area
- Product Improvements / Cost Savings – Support cost savings and/or enhanced performance projects as assigned
- Competitive Audits – Participate in periodic audits of competitive product, as assigned, to identify developmental gaps and product improvement opportunities
- Provide technical support outside of application area as needed / assigned
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at email@example.com.
- MS/PhD Food Science or related field or BS and equivalent Industry Experience. Better Process Control certification a plus
- Minimum of 10 years Product Development experience in mayonnaise, sauces, dressings, and condiments preferred. Experience in baking or CPG product development a plus
- Technical Skills – Solid food science expertise, strong command of ingredients / functionality. Basic knowledge of mayonnaise, salad dressings, and sauces formulation and processing. Knowledge of experimental design. Understanding of fats and oils chemistry and processing a plus
- Judgment – Decisive, exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Strategic Thinking – Displays critical thinking skills, proactive in decision making and makes data- based decisions
- Problem Solving – Leverages a proactive & creative approach to issues / roadblocks. Develops realistic action plans with clearly identified risks and contingencies
- Equipment and Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Travel – 25%
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contract Mary Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.