Global specialty chemical company voted one of America's Best Large Employers - 2018 has an immediate opening for a Production Manager at their site near Pittsburgh PA. The position will be responsible for the safe, efficient manufacture of chemicals and the overall performance and capabilities development of the production department.
The position is also a member of the site leadership team responsible for the overall success of the site.
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with all site and corporate HSES regulations and guidelines. Role model for safety expectations and zero incident culture.
- Member of the site leadership team requiring strong cross functional working relationships to effectively set the site culture and to develop, communicate, and implement strategies to meet business goals.
- Provide leadership, managerial oversight and technical support to the production area. Responsible for overall performance of the production department; safety, production schedule, quality requirements, and continuously improving the department’s capabilities and effectiveness.
- Identify and implement operational excellence principles within the production department.
- Identify and implement process improvement and cost optimization efforts.
- Identify and support capital project needs.
- Provide leadership for effectively resolving customer complaints and implementing corrective actions.
- Support development, communication, and execution of HSES, Maintenance, Quality, and Talent Management initiatives.
- Manage 3rd party offsite warehouse provider and 3rd party toll operation.
- Coordinate with business partners to develop, communicate and implement plans to meet short and long-term business needs.
- Coordinate with business partners for raw material supply and production planning.
- Collaborate with and support sister sites.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
- Ten (10) or more years chemical production experience with three (3) or more years operations management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a world class safety culture.
- Strong team leadership and effective communication skills to manage, motivate and develop professional and wage personnel.
- Able to build broad corporate and third-party provider networks to supplement site resources.
- Advanced analytical, statistical, & reasoning skills. Able to quickly analyze complex data & risks to develop safe, efficient action plans & decisions.
- Exposure to six sigma practices and principles.
- Experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Experience with operational excellence concepts in the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Ability to identify, develop and effectively target different communication strategies and tools for a broad cross section of the organization including wage positions, salaried staff and upper level management.
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential to higher levels within the organization.
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
Assistant Technical Recruiter
I am a assistant technical recruiter, working with Bill Karalis, for the last 22 years. We recruit chemical engineers working nationwide. Since its inception in 1978, CPS (Chemical Personnel Search), Chemical Engineering division has become one of the leading recruiting firms in the country. We have successfully filled a wide array of positions in petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, bulk and commodity chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, plastics, packaging, instrumentation, controls and process equipment. We have made placements at all levels from recent graduate to engineering management. Specific areas of expertise include: process, project, design, product & process development, pilot plant, tech service and applications, engineering, environmental, operations and process control & instrumentation.