The Scheduler position is to schedule manufacturing by workshop in the SAP ERP system. This position must support and participate in all site and company health, safety and environmental endeavors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain 2-4 weeks of SAP work schedules for all manufacturing and down-packing operations.
- Optimize raw material supply and operational capabilities to meet demand requirements.
- Align planning with Manufacturing, Customer Service, Quality and Logistics.
- Work with manufacturing supervisors and lead operators to develop schedules.
- Evaluate open orders to resolve any scheduling, raw material or capacity conflicts.
- Coordinate the resolution of raw material or packaging shortages with the Buyer.
- Ensure schedule meets established finished good levels set to protect timely delivery to the customer.
- Assist with control of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods, rework and off-grade material.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound flows between intra-intercompany facilities, working with the Logistics Supervisor to assure available and correct finished goods ship on time.
- Develop a working relationship with toll manufacturers, subcontractors, warehousing and logistics contractors.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor degree a plus
- Preferred experience in scheduling, planning, supply chain or manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of SAP MM and PP modules and processes desired
- Technical discipline (i.e. science, engineering) or related experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented, strong planning, organizational and multi-task skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, to interact with all levels of the North American organization and service providers
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, capacity/constraint management, load leveling processes
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.