Project Engineer - foods
Hammond, IN 46324 US
Large food company is looking for a Project Engineer to lead continuous improvement and capital projects.
- Evaluate existing processes, equipment and facility needs.
- Generate engineering plans, select and oversee contractors.
- Monitor project progress, costs and timelines and adherence to design criteria.
- Manage through installation and commissioning.
- Mentor and train engineers, operations and maintenance personnel on equipment/lines as needed.
This Project Engineer will be working in a modern plant with both manual and automated lines.
Low turnover, everyone gets along well. Good work-life balance.
Commutable from Chicago, near the Illinois - Indiana border.
Competencies for the Project Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar degree.
- Will consider equivalent level of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Ideally 7+ years of experience relevant experience managing capital projects. Will consider at least 5 years.
- Proactive - Team player with excellent communication sklls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
Nice to have:
- Foods experience
- Knowledge of OSHA or FDA standards
- Knowledge of EPA, NEC, NFPA standards
- Ammonia refrigeration
#Chicago, # Project Engineer, #foods, #Mechanical Engineer, #Chemical Engineer, #Electrical Engineer, #FDA, #USDA, #south suburbs #ammonia refrigeration