Provides administrative support to the Purchasing department.
- Create, follow-up and close purchase orders
- Maintain all vendor and pricing files and databases.
- Monitor invoicing issues. Work with suppliers and the Inventory Control team to solve the discrepancy.
- Gather and develop market data information.
- Work with Sourcing Manager to maintain current and accurate product database
- Locate general suppliers, using sources such as the internet and catalogs.
- Assist in preparation of Supplier Performance Ratings procedure.
- Back-up purchasing staff as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience a plus.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- SAP experience required.
- Strong PC and intermediate Excel, Word and Database (Access) skills required.
- Partner with all levels of the organization as well as the outside business contacts.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.