Python Software Engineer (Financial)
London, (none selected) UK | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Python Software Engineer
Job Description: We are a leading financial firm based in London, seeking a talented Python Software Engineer to join our dynamic technology team. As a Python Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining sophisticated software solutions that power our financial services operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including traders, quants, and data scientists to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable software solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain robust, high-performance Python applications to support various aspects of our financial services, including trading algorithms, data analytics, risk management, and reporting.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines for real-time and batch data processing, ensuring data integrity and reliability.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code following best practices and company coding standards.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of software components to ensure the stability and reliability of our systems.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members to improve code quality and overall team performance.
- Continuously research and evaluate emerging technologies, frameworks, and methodologies to enhance the company's technology stack and drive innovation.
- Collaborate with DevOps and infrastructure teams to ensure the smooth deployment and operation of applications on production systems.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in the financial sector to ensure compliance and maintain security standards.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about technology and its applications in the financial industry.
- Continuously driven to learn and stay updated with the latest advancements in software engineering.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in Python and hands-on experience in developing complex, high-performance applications.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Experience with financial markets, trading systems, or risk management concepts is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and experience working with large datasets.
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git.
- Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration, and deployment pipelines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to tackling challenges.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker) is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
In 2004, shortly after graduating from NIU's College of Business, my recruiting career at CPS, Inc. started. During this time, I have been able to learn from some of the best recruiters within the industry and continually look to improve myself in order to better serve both the candidates and client companies I represent.
I partner with several of the leading tech firms in Chicago and across the country in helping them secure hard to find technologists. These companies are in a variety of industries: Financial/Trading, E-Commerce, Data Analytic, Ad-tech, Education Tech, SaaS, Hedge Funds, and more.
The positions I work include: Software Engineers (C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.), Network/Systems Engineers, DevOps, DBA's, Data Scientists, and more.
I grew up in the west suburbs of Chicago just blocks from the famed Brookfield Zoo. I enjoy spending time with my wife and our three children and try to keep up with all of their activities. I try to remain as active as possible and enjoy all things "sports". You can find me at Soldier Field for most Bears games and will never say no to a good chicken wing.