QA/QC Chemist Associate
Mt Juliet, TN 37122 US
One of our clients is opening a brand new chemical coatings facility in the greater Nashville, TN market. This state-of the art facility will be the center of excellence for research development, quality analysis, and process improvement of specialty coatings that are distributed to over 500 end use franchises. You would be joining a brand new lab and part of the initial team to build out processes and set standards. The company has been in business for over 50 years and recognized as the leader in their solutions. If you would be interested in a QA/QC Lead Specialist role that is salaried and draws full benefits please apply.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN or RESIDENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Materials Science Preferred but open
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial chemical laboratory
- Experience and expertise in sample testing and quality control which includes knowledge of elastomers, resin and isocyanate and related physical tests according to ASTM standards (Titration, gel time, Tensile Strength, Tabor abrasion, Adhesion…)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Soft Skills :
- Self Starter who can implement routines and research test methods with minor supervision
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and change direction quickly dependent on tasks
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Performs chemical analysis and physical property of samples from Production and work orders based on ISO 17025 test procedures provided by lab
- Routine standard comparisons.
- Work in collaboration with production staff, procurement, and development staff in the evaluation of raw materials, in-process samples, and trials.
- Contribute to the QMS and the lab protocols.
- Help in the design and workflow of the lab to discover efficiencies in sample preparation.
- Train future associates on policies and procedures.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.