Oversees the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. May assist in the development of quality control standards. Manages total quality programs, policies and initiatives. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service. This is a 24/7-day operation, union facility.
- Direct and control product quality. Ensure proper quality procedures are followed in each area
- Work with Forming department to correct in-production defects
- Work with Forming during sampling operations to assure proper specifications can and will be met during production
- Follow up to ensure correct production specifications and gauges are issued prior to startup of any item
- Determine if packed stock is acceptable for customer use and if not take appropriate actions to ensure they receive only quality ware
- Conduct a preproduction visit on any new item coming into production and customer tours of plant facilities as required
- Audit quality complaints and direct prompt and appropriate actions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality
- Maintain customer contact to include routine visits, technical support and follow up on product quality relative to customer operations
- Conduct root cause analysis on customer complaints and defective product
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Larry Riederer at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS/MS Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- 7-10 years of quality experience in a manufacturing setting
- Union experience would be a plus
- Prefer candidates from glass, composites or ceramics.
- Strong preference for people from a food background
- ISO or SSQF Certified
- Lean / Six Sigma / Process Improvement background
- Familiar with a variety of quality concepts, practices, and procedures
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- Pro-active Manager with strong influence and customer skills
- Must be a change agent
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills and attention to detail
I have over 20 years of experience with Chemical Personnel Search (CPS) . All we do is recruit and place people in the chemical industry nationwide. CPS has been recruiting chemists, engineers, sales people and supply chain since 1973. I work with 40 other recruiters.
I have a wide range of positions and levels.
The following are some of the areas: Polymers, Resins, Coatings, Adhesives, Inks, Composites, Plastics, Lubricants, Personal Care, Skin/Hair Care, Cleaners and Specialty Chemicals.
These can be: Organic/Polymer Synthesis, New Product Development, Analytical/Characterization, Quality Control, Process Development, Materials Science and others. These are from BS to Ph.D. and from Entry Level to Vice-President.
Specialties: We specialize in placing Chemists, Scientists and Managers in the industrial chemical industry
For more information please reach out!