Provide supportive leadership at the plant to ensure the lab and manufacturing process comply with all GLP and GMP and all applicable government, customer and company expectations for the manufacturing of quality and safe products. You will oversee technicians and ensure lab projects are being completed on a daily and/or weekly basis. As a QC Lead you will oversee the supervision of the lab in the absence of the QC Manager when applicable. As a QC Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, managing and coordinating all the activities associated with the labs GLP Program, instrumentation, calibration, project and testing activities
- Overseeing the communication and resolution of related trends between quality control technicians in the lab and the plant
- Supporting the QC unit’s needs by providing all required data, information and participating in customer audits as needed
- Supporting other QC functions in the lab and plant as needed
- Assisting with development and maintenance of Lab Food Safety plans and reviews of the plant
- Working with key personnel to ensure all government, customer and customer expectations are met for food safety and food quality
- Acting as backup supervisor when required
- Will oversee a couple of lab technicians
**If you would like to hear more about this opportunity and others, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
- Experience in a continuous process food manufacturing environment focused on quality control, GLP, and GMP activities
- Demonstrated experience taking ownership ow your position and desire to be a Lead
- Analytical experience knowledge using lab instruments like chromatography and determination of physical properties – viscosity, moisture content, particle size temperature
- Use of titrimetric methods for levels of species in raw materials and finished goods
- Quantitative determination of toxins in raw and finished goods
- Detailed understanding of HPLC instrumentation and troubleshooting
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, flowcharting software and experience with Electronic Documentation Systems a plus
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma tools, a plus
- Experience working with different levels of the organization to resolve problems using a risk-based approach, a plus
- Ability to prioritize and plan to support the QC team
- Ability manage and control processes to meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to work with others to maintain system changes, upgrades and managing control documents
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to operations and management staff. Ability to influence without authority
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com.
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.