Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist
Responsible for auditing the products and processes at various points in the areas of production and packaging to ensure adherence to company quality standards. Communicate any deviations to management. Assist the Quality Assurance team with special projects as required. Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plant (HACCP), Food Quality Plant (FQP) standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, ad too, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Conduct thorough and detailed quality audits of lines to ensure products meet established quality standards. Communicate any deviations to the appropriate parties promptly
- Responsible to have thorough understanding of the operating equipment and day to day operations and any future changes on them
- Responsible for holding products that are not meeting company quality standards and provide the appropriate dispositions
- Report any deviations to QA Supervisor in complete appropriate details
- Exercise good judgment in carrying duties and responsibilities
- Report any housekeeping issues that need attention
- Audit paperwork of operators to ensure they are meeting quality standards
- Assist Production and Packaging associates in improvement processes
- Assist R&D as needed
- Document all areas of non-compliance and ensure corrective action to eliminate them
- Work with Production and Packaging Manager, Supervisors, and hourly associates on daily issues and problems
- Utilize computer to enter and track result data
- Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to FDA and cGMP standard for Quality Control, including continuous training
- Document every aspect of the process, activities and operations involved with product manufacturing
- Responsible for ensuring Dietary Supplement’s Identity, Purity, Strength and Quality
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all tasks relating to issuance of Batch production records and maintenance of cGMP and SOP records
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 years of food manufacturing experience and at least 1 year of Quality Assurance experience preferred
- BS in Food Science or related Major is strongly preferred; will consider recent graduates
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English
- Ability to communicate with all line level positions and management
- Attention to detail
- Self starter and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to assert himself / herself effectively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to develop cross functional and multinational relationships to support interaction with various internal customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Good math skills
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
- Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of spoken Spanish is a plus
**If you’d like to know more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at email@example.com.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Food and Beverage
Specialties: All Food and Beverage Industries positions including: Product Development, Research, Sensory, Nutrition, Culinary, Flavorist, Applications, Analytical, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Technical Service, Ingredients, and B2B Ingredient Sales.
Experience: I have 10+ years of experience in recruiting and the last 5 years in Food and Beverage. I partner with small and big Food and Beverage companies (CPG and Ingredient) throughout the US helping them secure GREAT employees.