Quality Supervisor/API Inspection
Baton Rouge, LA
Engineering Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? Since 1976, CPS has matched top talent in multiple fields of engineering with progressive companies in all industries. Whether you are fresh out of school or an experienced professional with decades of experience, CPS can help you find the right fit for your next career move. For over 40 years CPS has been working with the employers nationwide, from family owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations, to help them meet their engineering needs.
Here at CPS, Inc., we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
This is a direct permanent position with a large chemical plant in the Baton Rouge area. The Quality Supervisor/API Inspection will supervise contract API inspectors and NDE technicians.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance / Quality Control to ensure daily inspections of fixed equipment, pressure vessels, stationary heat exchangers, piping, storage tanks, valves, pressure relieving devices, boilers, mechanical instrumentation components, etc.
- Overseeing scheduled equipment mechanical integrity inspections and unscheduled inspections as needed.
- Evaluating and managing inspection personnel manning as compared to inspection backlog for routine and turnaround schedules in assigned area.
- Participate in turnaround and/or plant shutdown activities.
- Certification in API 510 and API 570 a must.
- Level II qualification in VT (Visual Techniques), UT (Ultrasound Thickness Testing), PT (Liquid Penetrant), and MT (Magnetic Particle) inspection techniques. Experience in RTI (Radiographic Testing Interpretation).
- 5+ years of inspection and mechanical integrity experience in the chemicals or similar industry.
- Industrial pipefitting/welding experience preferred.
- An understanding of welding and fabrication processes for both shop and field applications.
- Knowledge of NDE techniques that are generally applied in the petrochemical industry.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel of all backgrounds. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.. Must be able to acquire a TWIC card.