R&D Food Technologist
R&D Food Technologist
Excellent opportunity to join a growing company with good culture and a family style environment that embodies the great outdoors and sense of community. You will be formulating granola to be used in many CPG products for customers throughout the globe.
Experience in both the lab and manufacturing plant is ideal, cereal, grain, baking enthusiasts highly encouraged. If not but have a solid background in food formulation or extrusion, this is the place for you!
- The Food Technologist is responsible for leading R&D innovation and commercialization with an emphasis on supporting development of granola and innovative products beyond the current product portfolio
- Primary responsibilities include developing product formulas, processing procedures, raw material and finished good specifications for new innovative products that extend the companies reach beyond current offerings and establish points of difference with customers and consumers
- This includes, but is not limited to, the creation of lab prototypes, raw material, finished good and processing specifications and production formulas
- Work with business leaders to identify emerging trends and areas of opportunity for break through innovation. Facilitate and foster the ideation of possible new products with an emphasis on establishing points of difference versus competitors, high nutrition / health / wellness, food safety / quality, creativity, and passion for food
- Plan, execute, and manage the development of prototype products in lab from product development concepts including but not limited to sourcing of new raw materials, packaging materials and research into new product / process / packaging technologies. Maintain stringent technical and experimental documentation
- Formulate, recommend and execute research programs for improvement and cost reduction of existing products, the development of new products, processes and raw materials, and development of new business applications for existing core technologies. Consult with customers, sales and marketing, and operations on new product requirements and provide updates via work progress reports
- Design and implement production test plans and approve new products and processes. Coordinate production tests with Operations and QA
- Ensure all products meet internal and external guidelines for nutrition, regulatory affairs, and food labeling
- Conduct research as required to extend shelf life of new or existing products or test new materials
- Organize and facilitate needed sensory evaluations of raw materials and finished goods. Utilize results to improve product formulation
- Provide oral and written progress updates to stakeholders and business leaders. Must be able to clearly articulate technical product information in a format that is understandable to non-technical audiences
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Food Safety and Quality programs
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS Food Technology, Microbiology or related scientific field
- 2-5+ years R&D work experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience could be qualifying
- Previous production, product development and cooking experience beneficial
- Knowledge of consumer trends in ingredients and nutrition
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, and quality regulations and programs
- Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to document investigations, testing and lab procedures accurately
- Ability to create, conduct rapid prototyping, development and commercializing of ideas
- Ability to follow written and scientific procedures and troubleshoot production problems within the context of written guidelines or directives
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at dwickmann@email@example.com.
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.