R&D Group Leader/Sr. Chemist
N Fond Du Lac, WI 54935 US
We are working with a third-generation family-owned industrial coatings manufacturer to find their next R&D laboratory group leader in the Fond du Lac/Oshkosh, Wi area. This niche company is in the middle of building out new product lines to support their large customer base in protective and industrial coatings. The right individual will bring a minimum of 2-3 years of direct coatings formulation experience and the ability to manage 5-6 chemists and technicians in a batch formulation laboratory. They will interface directly with customers/sales on developing a portfolio of new products, and work in collaboration with the technical manager on project strategy and quality initiatives.
As the R&D Group Leader/Chemist you will assist in formulating new products as requested by Marketing, assist in re-formulating current product lines for improvement, and assist in solving technical scale-up and manufacturing problems by ensuring the availability of quality and value engineered products which satisfy customer’s requirements and increase sales and profitability of the corporation. You will be responsible for keeping the laboratory production, project management, and daily operations. This will include the management of chemists and technicians.
- Execution of projects for the Epoxy and Polyurethane industrial/protective coatings business line.
- Ownership of all product development, quality, and manufacturing aspects as it relates to the formulas.
- Provide technical support to Production, Sales, and Marketing in support of product scale-up, quality control, application testing, and other cross-functional activities.
- Development of key lab personnel as it relates to professional and personal growth in our family owned and friendly business culture.
- Establishment of key lab practices and adherence to safety protocols.
- Ownership and maintenance of detailed technical records, lab information systems, and of lab work.
- Critical thinking skills
- Self-Motivated and Task Oriented. Knows how to monitor workload.
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats daily, enjoy a variety in the work.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Someone who enjoys a small company culture and works well with others.
- Proficient Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong Organizational Skills & Project Management Skills
- Creative thinker that may see new application uses, market potential.
BS In Chemistry or Related Field
2-3 years of developing coatings formulations from inception through scale up and commercialization
3 Plus Years of supervisory experience in a batch formulation lab making coatings.
Strong Understanding of epoxy or protective formulations specific to coatings, adhesives and sealants
Technical service experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager - Lab Industrial
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.